Reporting to: Assembly Manager
Objective: Work to OTD targets building brake and clutch components for Performance OEM and motorsport customers.
This role will be based in our Assembly department, working with a team who are responsible for building motorsport and performance OEM brake components. The role requires the candidate to build components manually, working at a consistent work rate, ensuring that components are built to spec with no quality defects and in a timely manner.
- Previous Assembly skills, preferably gained from working in a motorsport environment
- Able to understand how braking systems work
- Must be able to read English manufacturing specs
- Can use hand assembly tools (torque wrenches etc) and use measuring equipment
- Ideally, the candidate would have experience working with a production engineering team, assisting in creating build specifications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- Good understanding of engineering materials.
- Gained a craft apprenticeship or a mechanical NVQ
- Good knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Will be a team player, who is self-motivated and who can work independently.
- Flexible, shares knowledge with the Team and other departments.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Practical and a “hands-on” Technician who is able to build and strip components.
Monday to Thursday: 08.00 – 17.00
Friday: 08.00 – 13.00
Work overtime when required, weekend working etc.