What’s in the box
The Advantage Extreme kit is supplied in two boxes, one for each hand, and includes all the parts that you will need:
- Special alloy disc and bell assembly.
- Monobloc 4 or 6 piston caliper.
- Low noise, fade resistant pads.
- Brackets and fixings.
- High performance brake fluid.
Advantage Extreme discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability, and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This has been achieved by combining a special Alcon-developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
- Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
- Directional curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance.
- Alcon’s floating disc system (as used in the majority of applications) has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout its life while minimising the tendency to judder.
Advantage Extreme calipers are gravity die cast for monobloc constructions using aluminium alloy for optimum strength and weight.
- Monobloc 4 or 6 piston design for high stiffness (firm pedal) with low weight.
- Piston bore sizes are staggered to ensure even pad wear.
- Pin-mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and low noise.
The low noise pads offer strong cold performance for start up and city driving and are specially formulated for excellent resistance to fade at elevated temperatures. This makes them perfect for those wanting performance on both track and road.
Advantage Extreme brake kits are available for a range of vehicle applications, see specification document below for full details.