What’s in the box
The Toyota Yaris GR kit is supplied in two boxes, one for each hand, and includes:
- Special alloy disc and bell assembly.
- Alcon’s Bobbin Drive System
The Toyota Yaris GR front disc upgrade has been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability, and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This has been achieved by combining a special Alcon-developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
- Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
- Directional curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance. This disc vane cooling technology has been developed over 40 years’ experience within Motorsport and OEM industry.
- Alcon’s floating disc system has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout its life while minimising the tendency to judder.
Each Alcon two-piece disc for your GR Yaris weighs only 8.1kg which is a remarkable 2.8kgs less than the OE disc. Currently, the lightest option on the market, this upgrade will save you 5.6kgs in un-sprung weight on the front axle.
Utilising Alcon’s medium float drive system paired with a lightweight aluminium bell, you’ll only have to replace the friction ring (disc) once worn, rather than the complete assembly which is the case with the OE system.
Eliminates the poor cooling issues of the standard setup, which is proving to be an issue on these cars with track use.
The discs are manufactured from Alcon’s proven casting technology. Paired with our bobbin drive system and aluminium bell, these discs are more resistant to warping due to special alloys within the Iron disc, This combination allows the disc to thermally expand under use, contributing to better heat dissipation between the two-piece system and reducing the risks of warping.
Available now, check out our distributor SVP Motorsport for more info.