Job Title: Supply Chain Co-Ordinator
Reporting to: MP&L Manager
Role Objective: To be responsible for the data & forecast management on a day-to-day basis for a defined range of suppliers & those suppliers’ parts to support production operations.
• Timely ordering, expediting, communicating and negotiating with production material suppliers to ensure the needs of the business are met to support on-time, in full, to cost, customer deliveries.
• Manage operations and forecast data on a day-to-day basis for a defined range of suppliers & supplier parts.
• Setting up of system data to include re-order levels, lead times, review periods, replenishment cycles & forecast entries by being analytical with recent history & forthcoming events & being empowered to challenge suggestions.
• Interact with internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of product to meet availability & company objectives.
• To achieve ‘High Availability’ & ‘On Time and In Full’ (OTIF) figures combined with a continuous improvement environment that challenges current practices in order to drive business & customer service improvement whilst controlling the stock values in line with business objectives where a ‘Right First Time’ approach is a way of life.
• Engaging cross-functional teamwork and effective communication to delivering these business goals.
• Ensuring that product progression is met, reacting to operational issues to maintain planned launch dates with a focus to respond to changes in demand & supply to maintain a commercially responsive flow of goods through active management of the supply chain.
• To ensure appropriate stock levels are managed across the various sites to provide the ‘Right Stock’ at the ‘Right Time’.
• Total responsibility from the start to end of the process for material supply.
• Provide supplier performance monitoring, identifying and leading improvements for the business.
• Previous experience working in a Supply Chain role within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to address issues proactively and responds to routine issues with minimal direction.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Able to chase and confirm lead times with sub-contractors effectively, establishing delivery dates.
• Computer literate – Must have a high level of excel knowledge.
• Knowledge of systems. (MRP/ERP).
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good level of analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritise and build relationships with key contacts.
• Adopts a “customer comes first” philosophy.
• High accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to spot errors quickly.
• Flexible when required to support the business needs.
• Production schedule experience desirable.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
Monday to Thursday: 08.00 – 17.00
Friday: 08.00 – 13.00