Reporting to: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Objective: To lead the shipping team, by coordinating the team to ensure smooth supplier deliveries into the business and managing shipments out to our global customer base, ensuring that we receive the right orders, in the right place, at the right time and the right cost.
- Effectively manage and lead the Shipping team, whilst being hands on with the day-to-day activities as set out below.
- Timely ordering, expediting, communicating, and negotiating with logistics and freight forwarding companies to ensure the needs of the business are met to support on-time, in full, to cost, customer and supplier deliveries.
- Work with external logistic couriers to ensure an excellent relationship, already established, is maintained, and work together to eradicate any problem areas, keeping all parties informed of shipment status.
- Prepare all relevant documentation required by HM Customs, EU, UK and destination country regulations taking into consideration the specific requirements of the customer and the Country.
- Work closely with internal teams (e.g. Sales, Planning, Warehouse, Supply Chain and Finance) to ensure that incoming and out-going deliveries are made on time, providing prompt resolutions for delivery issues.
- Keep up to date with ever changing legislations on International Shipments and the paperwork required when shipping outside the UK.
- Review our delivery performance, following up corrective measures to make improvements. Provide various daily reports extracted from internal and external computer systems.
- Input and manage data using both MRP systems and Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Where appropriate provide shipping quotations, calculate duties and taxes as applicable.
- Reconcile of courier invoices, ensuring there are no discrepancies, such as duplicates or rate errors.
- Manage logistics tracking data on a day-to-day basis for a range of logistic suppliers.
- Working with the shipping team, set-up system data to include preferred suppliers, lead times, review periods, by being analytical with recent history & forthcoming events.
- Working with the Shipping Team to make proposals for changes to current practices in order to drive business & customer service improvement whilst controlling the logistics cost in line with business objectives.
- Our business continued improvement plans, reviewing all current processes and instructions introduce/update.
- This is a highly varied role, where you will be supporting the Shipping & Logistics Team in a variety of different work as and when required.
- Flexible working approach depending on the daily business requirements.
- To be successful in this role, you should be well-organised, detail focused, and a good communicator both written and on the telephone.
- Must have excellent leadership skills – will have led a shipping team previously – able to direct and support the team when required.
- Ideally able to implement new processes and work to best practice standards.
- It is preferred that the candidate has experience in a busy high-volume logistics or shipping department previously within a manufacturing company.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- High attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Reliable, punctual, professional, highly driven and motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Packages (Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams)
- Knowledge of Supply chain management.
Monday to Thursday: 07:30 – 16:00
Friday: 08:00 – 15:30