Job Title: Shipping and Logistics Administrator
Reporting to: MP&L Manager
Objective: To support the shipping and logistics team, by coordinating supplier deliveries into the business and managing shipments out to our global customer base, ensuring that we receive the right orders, in the right place, at the right time and the right cost.
• Timely ordering, expediting, communicating and negotiating with logistics and freight forwarding companies to ensure the needs of the business are met to support on-time, in full, to cost, customer and supplier deliveries.
• Work with external logistic couriers to ensure an excellent relationship, already established, is maintained, and work together to eradicate any problem areas, keeping all parties informed of shipment status.
• Prepare all relevant documentation required by HM Customs, EU, UK and destination country regulations taking into consideration the specific requirements of the customer and the Country
• Work closely with internal teams (e.g., Sales, Planning, Supply Chain and Finance) to ensure that incoming and outgoing deliveries are made on time, providing prompt resolutions for delivery issues.
• Keep up to date with ever-changing legislations on International Shipments and the paperwork required when shipping outside the UK
• Review our delivery performance, following up corrective measures to make improvements. Provide various daily reports extracted from internal and external computer systems
• Input and manage data using both MRP systems and Excel spreadsheets as required.
• Provide shipping quotations, calculate duties and taxes as applicable
• Approval of couriers’ invoices, ensuring there are no charge discrepancies
• Manage logistics tracking data on a day-to-day basis for a range of logistic suppliers.
• Working with the shipping team, set-up system data to include preferred suppliers, lead times, review periods, by being analytical with recent history & forthcoming events.
• Working with the Shipping Team to make proposals for changes to current practices in order to drive business & customer service improvement whilst controlling the logistics cost in line with business objectives.
• This is a highly varied role, where you will be supporting the Shipping & Logistics Team in a variety of different work as and when required.
• To be successful in this role, you should be well-organised, detail-focused, and a good communicator both written and on the telephone.
• Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
• Can work as part of a team or on own initiative without supervision
• High attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects
• Reliable, punctual, professional, highly driven and motivated
• Proficient in Microsoft® Packages (Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams)
• Knowledge of Supply chain management, Logistics or relevant field would be useful.
Monday to Thursday: 08:30 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 16:00