Job title: Quality Systems Engineer
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Objective: Using own systems knowledge and experience, and working closely with members of other departments to ensure the Quality & Environmental systems are maintained and updated on a timely basis, so as to ensure that Alcon meets its customer’s, internal and legal requirements.
- Maintain and keep updated all documentation and records of current Quality and Environmental (company) management systems documentation.
- Seek continuous improvement with a view to integrate the company systems.
- Prepare and carry out internal training sessions related to the company systems.
- Prepare and run internal meetings with the relevant areas to address issues related to the company systems.
- Prepare and run internal and external meetings in relation to the company systems. This including the external audits and the management review meetings.
- Perform system audits, both internally and externally, including suppliers if necessary.
- Contact customers and suppliers in relation to matters related to the company systems, including the waste management suppliers and external consultants.
- Update and maintain Quality department KPI’s. Deploy them across the company.
- Provide regular reports and support the management team in matters related to the company systems.
- Maintain the company standards register.
- Manage the internal audit schedule as well as track eventual non-conformities completion.
- Maintain the waste carrier’s legal documentation and update relevant records.
- Create new and maintain existing procedures, instructions, forms (documentation).
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant paperwork.
Additional Working Hours
- As and when required, in line with employment contract.
- Minimum three years Quality Systems Engineering (IATF16949 / ISO9001) experience within an automotive or precision manufacturing environment.
- Minimum two years Environmental Systems (ISO14001) experience.
- Certified Quality Internal Auditor for 1st and 2nd parties
- Able to combine determination and resolve with diplomacy and tact in order to influence peers and non-reports to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding and application of problem-solving techniques (8D or similar)
- Able to flowchart processes, conduct process improvement analysis.
- High level computer literate, MS Office on a daily basis.
- High level of self-organisation and discipline, capable to influence others by example.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to a wider group.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.