Job title: Purchasing Administrator
Reporting to: Group Purchasing Manager
Objective: Supports and manages the company’s purchasing administration activities. Interfaces effectively with internal departments and liaises with external suppliers to ensure ‘on time, in full’, cost-effective delivery of materials to support the achievement of the production plan.
• Support all departments with indirect purchasing including supplier identification.
• Initiate quotation process for assigned suppliers and commodities to establish costs, batch sizes, lead times etc.
• Investigate queries on deliveries and invoices.
• Answer supplier queries from internal departments
• Raise and issue purchase orders, track and confirm purchase order schedules with suppliers and communicate status.
• Proactively expedite delivery of non-production and New Project materials from suppliers to support achievement in Project and production plans for customer requirements.
• Run various ERP purchasing reports, analyse and action as appropriate, communicating any changes where required.
• Complete any adhoc administration duties where required to support the Group Purchasing Manager and Buyer.
• Will ideally have previous purchasing administration experience and understand the buying process.
• Experience of working with suppliers and purchasing off-the-shelf items.
• Working knowledge and experience using internal ERP systems.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook and Excel.
• Good written and verbal English communication skills.
• Self-motivated and demonstrates drive and a sense of urgency in completing duties, by following through on tasks to completion.
• Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 13:00
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to Vacancies@Alcon.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 4th June