Job Title: OEM Account Manager
Reporting to: TBC (Head Of Sales or Sales Director)
Prime Objective: The OEM Account Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all commercially based activity to maintain existing business and identify opportunities for growth, including establishing and maintaining relationships with assigned accounts ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
You will have a good understanding of the automotive industry with strong knowledge and experience in the OEM sector; a combination of some automotive technical and engineering knowledge combined with strong sales and commercial experience. You will be expected to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Establish strong relationships at all organisational levels within the OEM customer base and understand customers’ processes, business drivers and business models.
- Support customer/internal account reviews with regular visits to customers, liaising with all departments e.g. Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Material Control etc.
- Liaise with the Engineering department as required to establish correct technical specifications or to instigate engineering work to fulfill customer requirements.
- Negotiate pricing, long term supply agreements and NDA’s.
- Manage engineering change requests, volume change requests plus other running changes from a commercial perspective.
- Set and manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely progression of projects, with reporting and escalation as required
- Champion customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinate the solution design to impact the customer’s decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Process sales orders and manage customer schedules from start to end.
- Liaise with the Production department to establish production dates and monitor/chase progress of customer orders, feeding this information back to customers.
- Create and contribute to Sales reporting (including forecasting) as appropriate – confident in the use of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Project manage new sales enquiries for all future customer driven projects using the Alcon gateway process.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Extensive customer relationship building, ideally dealing with customers on an international basis.
- Proven ability to develop customer base as well as win new business.
- Must have the ability to work independently, using common sense and logical thinking to resolve issues quickly.
- A passion for, or previous work experience in an Automotive related field is preferred.
- Chassis / brakes experience preferred but not essential.
- French language preferred.
The role is predominantly office based at Alcon HQ but the successful candidate must be willing to travel.