Job title: MPL Planner
Reporting to: Lead Planner
Objective: To plan components and material though the manufacturing facility, ensuring that delivery dates are created and achieved to give OTIF delivery to the customer.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production schedule to enable manufacturing to achieve production targets.
- Liaise with in house transport for delivery and collection of sub contract operations.
- Cooperate with suppliers for delivery of material and any lead lime changes to re plan the production schedule accordingly
- Working with the production schedule co-ordinate production work flow through each area to gain best advantage of customer delivery and revenue return.
- Communicate potential issues before they arise and inform management.
- Produce paper work to allow the production of parts and ensure drawings etc are supplied to machine shop. This includes parts being returned from sub contract for more operations.
- Monitor the business system data and identify issues requiring attention such as late slow moving or errors.
- Support machine shop in achieving ROTIF and OTIF KPI’s.
- Support stock taking activities with count sheets and data entry.
- Comply with business policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with all other areas as when required.
- Control Waste stream management organising collections and deliveries and subsequent paperwork to ensure adherence to environmental requirements.
Additional Working Hours
Longer hours may be required during busy periods.
Will have worked in a similar role within an inventory management environment.
- Able to understand & maintain the materials management system, ensuring that transactions are identified and that their status is accurate and up to date.
- To be production focused where availability and supply is essential.
- Experience of planning & managing demand streams, should be able to work under pressure and be able to react and adjust to the daily changing conditions typical in a dynamic business.
- Excellent people skills, combined with strong communication and organisation skills, are required to work effectively across business functions, communicating with departments & ensuring service levels are on a right-first-time basis.
- Must have the ability and confidence to stop processes if quality standards are not met, or if the safety of themselves or other people is in doubt.
- Fork lift truck or PPT licences desired.
- Will have worked in automotive, aerospace or military industry previously.