Job title: MPL Planner
Reporting to: Planning Supervisor
Objective: To plan components and material though the manufacturing facility, ensuring that delivery dates are created and achieved to give OTIF delivery to the customer.
• Co-ordinate all aspects of production schedule to enable manufacturing to achieve production targets.
• Liaise with in-house transport for delivery and collection of sub-contract operations.
• Cooperate with suppliers for delivery of material and any lead lime changes to re-plan the production schedule accordingly
• Working with the production schedule, co-ordinate production workflow through each area to gain best advantage of customer delivery and revenue return.
• Communicate potential issues before they arise and inform management.
• Produce paperwork to allow the production of parts and ensure drawings etc. are supplied to machine shop. This includes parts being returned from sub-contract for more operations.
• Control EC (Engineering changes) and make sure changes are captured within manufacturing team.
• Managing the executive MRP system (M2M).
• Work within a cross-functional team (Finance, Operations, Engineering, Assembly, Purchasing, Quality)
• Monitor the business system data and identify issues requiring attention such as late slow moving or errors.
• Support machine shop in achieving ROTIF and OTIF KPI’s.
• Support stock-taking activities with count sheets and data entry.
• Comply with business policies and procedures.
• Cooperate with all other areas as when required.
• Control waste stream management, organising collections and deliveries and subsequent paperwork to ensure adherence to environmental requirements.
Additional Working Hours
• Longer hours may be required during busy periods.
• Will have worked in a similar role within an inventory management environment – ideally in automotive, aerospace or military industries.
• Able to understand and maintain the materials management system, ensuring that transactions are identified and that their status is accurate and up to date.
• To be production focused where availability and supply is essential.
• Experience in planning & managing demand streams
• Should be able to work under pressure and be able to react and adjust to the daily changing conditions typical in a dynamic business.
• Excellent people skills, combined with strong communication and organisation skills, are required to work effectively across business functions.
• Ability to effectively influence and motivate others.
• Listens effectively and demonstrates an understanding of what has been communicated.
• Must have the ability and confidence to stop processes if quality standards are not met, or if the safety of themselves or other people is in doubt.
• Strives for high customer satisfaction, demonstrates being helpful and supportive, making it as easy as possible for the customer.
• Ability to use computer-based MRP system (M2M), MS Office/ Excel.
• Takes ownership of own work, doing what is needed without being asked.
• Actively contributes to the team by contributing their share of workload and supports team decisions. Can identify, build, and maintain working relationships both internally & externally.
To apply, please send a covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org