Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Objective: To support all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the company’s facilities and assets to minimise business interruption. Duties will include maintaining plant machinery, planning repair activities, and developing maintenance procedures to enable assets to run to their maximum efficiency and output.
- Managing repairs and monitoring systems performance
- Promoting a Health and Safety conscious environment, encouraging all near miss, incident and accident reporting immediately, with a view to close out of any future reoccurrences.
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of parts and ordering items as necessary.
- Achieve performance targeted KPI’s.
- Promote continuous Improvement environment, developing team focussed problem solving.
- Responsible for keeping a clean and manageable site facility and audit areas weekly to the 5’s standards, ensuring all TPM is completed correctly and on time.
- Support the implementation of new building projects.
- Carrying out general building repairs and routine site maintenance.
- Conducting site inspections and identifying areas requiring extra maintenance work.
- Support Senior Management Team to implement the company policies and business objectives.
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required.
Additional Working Hours
Due to the need to react rapidly to the needs of our customers your terms of employment include the requirement to work reasonable additional hours from time to time and all employees are expected to comply with requests to work additional hours above 39 hours per week.
Overtime is paid with this position.
- Multi skilled time served apprenticeship within an automotive environment, with CNC maintenance experience.
- Fanuc experience essential ideally on Doosan machine tools, Heidenhain and Siemens preferable.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines within agreed limits.
- Educated to HNC / HND level and grade C and above in Maths and English.
- Must be a good team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Working within the guidelines of the budget requirements of the business.
- Flexible, positive approach with a can-do attitude able to work under own initiative.
- Discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to support Maintenance Manager in the control of all aspects of a section or area.
- Increase machine efficiency.
- Keep unplanned downtime to a minimum.
- Maintain facility appearance and cleanliness to promote a positive work environment for employees and visitors.