Job title: Customer Quality Engineer
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Objective: Using own quality engineering skills, and through close team working with members of other Departments, to assure the quality of Alcon’s product output on a timely basis, to ensure that Alcon meets its customers’ requirements, and enhances its working relationships with customer quality contacts.
• To use APQP and PPAP process for new and existing projects, in both internally and externally sourced components as required by customer.
• To work closely with Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand customer and product requirements, using Quality Tools and resources to validate new or improved processes, seeking continuous improvement as well as waste elimination.
• To liaise with Production to ensure product manufactured internally meets engineering specification and drive the resolution of quality problems that arise during production using appropriate problem-solving methodology.
• In the event that inspection activity identifies a non-conformance, take rapid steps to initiate corrective action and prevent recurrence. Use corrective action format to identify the required actions.
• To assist with Supplier Development activities. Use appropriate techniques and skills to enhance overall supplier performance in line with Company requirements.
• Compile Quality report on findings and track 3rd party inspection costs, which can be either at customer or internally.
• To track, log and deal with customer returns up to final resolution.
• To prepare and maintain supporting documentation for external and internal quality audits.
• To carry out internal system and process audits related to Quality & Environmental systems.
• To organise and lead internal or external meetings.
• To represent the company in front of the customer, locally or abroad.
• Do the upmost for proper record keeping on existing quality systems at the company.
Additional Working Hours
• As and when required, in line with employment contract.
• HNC in Engineering or related subject.
• Computer literate, comfortable using ERP software and MS Office on a daily basis.
• Able to prepare and deliver presentations to a wider group.
• Ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Fully conversant with Quality tools such as Control Plans, ISIR, 8D reporting, QOS KPI’s.
• Knowledge about the 5 Quality Core Tools (APQP – FMEA – MSA – SPC – PPAP)
• Knowledge about internal quality auditing.
• 5 Years’ experience in Engineering, Mechanical, or Metallurgic industry.