Job title: CNC Setter/ Operator (3 and 4 axis milling) – Night Shift
Reporting to: Night Shift Supervisor
Objective: To provide day-to-day support to the Caliper Cell, Setting and Operating 3 and 4 Axis CNC Machines (Doosan, Mori, etc).
• Run proven programs, adjust work and/or tool coordinates and correct any errors.
• Set tools and produce a ‘First Off’ part to correct quality standard
• Carry out 1st off inspection from engineering drawings and update paperwork.
• Ensure the cell output is made to the agreed schedules.
• Ensure the quality of the machine output is to required specification
• Apply machine maintenance as per schedules.
• Co-operate and liaise with all other areas when required.
• Ensure 5‘s is maintained in the cell and other areas.
• Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability including possible secondment to work in other areas on the shop floor.
Additional Working Hours
• Work overtime when required, weekend working etc.
• Able to set and operator CNC machinery to produce parts and inspect to the required standard.
• Setter / Operator with strong background knowledge of milling.
• Flexible, positive approach with a can-do attitude.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
• Fanuc control experience
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• IT Literate
Monday to Thursday: 22:05 to 06:00
Friday: 18:10 to 02:00