Job title: CNC Operator (3 and 4 axis milling)
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Objective: To provide day to day support to the Caliper Cell, part setting and operating 3 and 4 Axis CNC Machines (Doosan, Mori, etc).
- Run proven programs, adjust work and/or tool co-ordinates and correct any errors.
Carry out 1st off inspection from engineering drawings and update paperwork.
- Ensure the cell output is made to the agreed schedules.
- Ensure the quality of the machine output is to required specification
- Apply machine maintenance as per schedules.
- Co-operate and liaise with all other areas when required.
- Ensure 5‘s is maintained in the cell and other areas.
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability including possible secondment to work in other areas on the shop floor.
Additional Working Hours
Work overtime when required, weekend working etc. at busy times.
- Able to operate 3 and 4 axis CNC machinery to produce parts and inspect to the required standard.
- Operator with strong background knowledge of milling.
- Flexible, positive approach with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- Fanuc control experience
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- IT Literate