Job Title: Client Liaison Executive
Reporting to: Sales Office Manager
Prime Objective: To provide office-based support to Business Development Managers cultivating and building client relationships with clients in a fast-paced environment so as to optimise the effectiveness of the sales team and ensure optimum service levels
You will be expected to undertake the following responsibilities both on a general basis across the department and also in response to specific requests from the Business Development team, especially when they are out of the office.
• Establish strong relationships with clients at all organisational levels, supporting client requirements and expectations.
• Field telephone enquiries and provide advice to clients on product, technical, commercial and delivery issues.
• Formulate quotations and proposals (on behalf of existing clients), working with Business Development Managers as required.
• Process sales orders on the integrated business management computer system in accordance with set procedures.
• Project manage new sales enquiries for all future client-driven projects using the Alcon gateway process.
• Liaise with the MP&L department to establish delivery dates and monitor/chase progress of client orders, feeding this information back to clients.
• Liaise with the Engineering department as required to establish correct technical specifications or to instigate engineering work to fulfill client requirements.
• Book in client returns and ensure that required actions are undertaken on a timely basis.
• Create and contribute to Sales reporting as appropriate – confident in the use of Excel and Powerpoint to provide budgeting/forecasting support to Alcon’s Head of Sales.
• Assist in any other sales office duties as and when required.
• When a suitable level of technical ability and client knowledge is achieved, provide support on events such as exhibitions/shows
• Be articulate and confident (internally and externally), with clients and colleagues where necessary.
Previous experience in a similar role – supporting Key Account Managers
Excellent time management skills are essential, with the ability to prioritise quickly.
Certificate in Customer Service Excellence desirable or a minimum of 4 years direct experience
Advanced Excel practitioner