Job title: Assembly Technician
Reporting to: Assembly Manager
Objective: Work to OTD targets building brake and clutch components for Performance OEM and motorsport customers.
This role will be based in our Assembly Department, working with a team who are responsible for building motorsport and performance OEM brake components. The role requires the candidate to build components manually, working at a consistent work rate, ensuring that components are built to spec with no quality defects and in a timely manner.
• Previous Assembly skills, preferably gained from working in a motorsport environment
• Able to understand how braking systems work
• Must be able to read English manufacturing specs
• Can use hand assembly tools (torque wrenches etc) and use measuring equipment
• Ideally, the candidate would have experience working with a production engineering team, assisting in creating build specifications
• Minimum 5 years experience working in a similar environment
• Good understanding of engineering materials
• Gained a craft apprenticeship or a mechanical NVQ
• Good knowledge of fundamental engineering principles
• Will be a team player, who is self-motivated and who can work independently
• Flexible, shares knowledge with the Team and other departments
• Good communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Practical and a “hands-on” Technician who is able to build and strip components
Additional Working Hours
• Work overtime when required, weekend working etc.
Monday to Thursday: 08.00 – 17.00
Friday: 08.00 – 13.00