The Awards Dinner closed the first day of Autosport International, Europe’s largest preseason motorsport show, with 400 guests celebrating winners in seven categories. MIA President, The Rt Hon the Lord Astor of Hever, presented the main Business of the Year Award, partnered by Xtrac, to the Alcon Group, suppliers of hydraulic and electronic brake and clutch systems and engine components to the elite of global motorsport.
The other winners were:
- MIA Service to the Industry Award – partnered by Goodridge / Winner – Nielsen Sports
- MIA New Markets Award – partnered by 920 Engineering and Shiftec / Winner – KW Special Projects
- MIA Technology & Innovation Award – partnered by Ricardo / Winner – Integral Powertrain
- MIA Teamwork Award – partnered by Grainger & Worrall / Winner – Racing Point Force India F1 Team
- MIA Business of the Year Award (sales under £5 million) – partnered by Lestercast / Winner – Precision Technologies
What a fabulous acknowledgement of all the hard work and dedication of our talented team! 2018 was a year of records for Alcon in growth, overall sales, and the bottom line. We have welcomed several significant new customers and extended our market footprint through business investments in the UK and USA. Our team are immensely proud to have won this award.
You have set an exceptional standard of excellence for the rest of our industry to follow. You richly deserve this recognition from your peers, who are the toughest judges of all to please. 2019 will be full of challenges but I am confident our motorsport industry will overcome these as always.