Alcon is proud to announce the latest addition to its motorsport clutch range. Aimed at rallycross drivers, this triple plate carbon clutch is designed to be one of the most competitive clutches on the market. Built on the success of its predecessor, the new 2016 clutch is approximately 10% lighter and offers 18% reduction in inertia as well as an impressive 38% reduction in deflection.
The new Alcon rallycross clutch will give the driver the best possible start through increasing the stiffness and reducing the deflection of the clutch.
Key features and benefits:
- Extremely low inertia
- High temperature resistance
- Open design for greater heat dissipation and improved dust removal
- Smooth engagement / quick shift response
- High stiffness cover design for improved start line control
- Durable plated finish
- Choice of different ratio diaphragm springs
- No flywheel or pressure plate wear
Using the finest materials and the latest manufacturing processes, all Alcon products are designed, manufactured and rigorously tested in-house in Tamworth, UK.
Winners of the 2015 World Rallycross Championship (WRX) and 2015 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) did so with Alcon equipped cars. With this new addition to their rallycross product range, Alcon is intent on doing the same again in 2016.